Hiking to the mountain hut Rifugio Pernici and Cima Parì
Garda Trentino tourist board special price: € 30 instead of € 49
km 11.5 – h 6 – vertical height gain ↑ m 1010 ↓ m 1010
Welcome to one of the most panoramic tours of the Lake Garda area in the Trentino region! The most beautiful traverse of the Val di Ledro Prealps. A protected area which has recently been recognised as UNESCO Biosphere and defined as “…a treasure chest of cultural and natural biodiversity between the alpine world and the Mediterranean world.” In these areas you will find First World War artefacts… And feelings of peace in amongst the landscape of intense colours.
The transfer takes us to Val di Ledro, to Val Concei. The landscape changes remarkably and you will find yourself in a rural environment made up of quaint historical villages and countryside. In the middle of the valley the basin of Lake Ledro (655m) of glacial origin.
The loop itinerary starts on foot at Malga Trat (1502m): here it is possible to breathe at once the genuine rhythms given to us by nature, with cows grazing and the production of milk. But the breathtaking views await us just a few minutes above. We have to climb up the west face of Dosso di Seaoi (SAT 435), reach Bocca di Saval (1740 m) and then follow a section along the ridge before reaching Cima Parì (1980m). The view from here is unique: the topography of these peaks spreads all the way across the horizon allowing us to admire our lakes from up above.
Now the descent awaits us and leads us towards Cima Sclapa (1875m) and then Bocca Dromaé (1685m). On the return path (SAT 413) we will visit ruins of an old Austro-Hungarian military hospital, situated there at 1700m of altitude near Bocca Saval. There are many tales to be told about these summits, this valley and its people, who managed to cultivate with time a deep connection with the land and its products. We will then reach Rif.Nino Pernici (1600m), back up point where it is possible to enjoy a nice warm meal and great company. Brief section to return to Malga Trat.
• Panoramic view over the lakes
• Places of the Great War
• Military hospital posts at Bocca Saval
• Chance of buying fresh farm house cheese
Meeting point (indicate the desired meeting point in the "notes" field):
- 8.30 - Arco - Mmove Infopoint: Via Legionari Cecoslovacchi, 14 loc. Prab i- Arco
- 8.45 - Torbole - Short-term bus parking: crossroads of Via Matteotti and Via Strada Granda - Torbole
- 9.00 - Riva del Garda - Tourist information office: Largo Medaglie d'oro al V.M., 5 - Riva del Garda
This activity is offered by the Garda Trentino Tourist Board in collaboration with MMove (mountain guides and territory guides).
By booking this activity you confirm that you have read and accepted the "terms and condition", the "general disclaimer" and the "specific disclaimer" conditions available at this link.
Included Services: Mountain guide or local hiking guide, transfer, third-party insurance, special lunch deals.
It is requested:
- to wear hiking shoes (no sneakers, no sandals);
- to wear sportswear and comfortable clothing;
- to bring with you a backpack (no shoulder bags) with 1 liter of water, a snack (or packed lunch where indicated by the program), sun cream, sunglasses, hat, a spare T-shirt, a sweatshirt and a rain jacket.