Chiesa di S.Martino

It rises on a hill that dominates the Sarca Valley in the homonymous hamlet. The tradition tells us that the ancient church, much smaller than the present church, and an annexe monastery were kept by Benedictine monks until the IX century. The still existing frescoes are dating back to the XIII century. The most ancient ones are dating back to halfway the XIII century. The frescos were discovered in 1895. The most ancient frescos are attributed to the artist Federicco Bonanno from Riva del Garda and his school. Precious as well are the paintings. Two of them are painted by Giovanni Antonio Zanoni de Massone.


Request information