Piazza Catena

Takes its name from the big chain which in centuries past used to be stretched across the water in defence of the harbour. Until 1929, the piazza was home to the Imperial Customs House: the borderline which for centuries separated the northern stretch of the lake from the regions a little further to the south. This shore has also been home for a number of years to the baroque statue of San Giovanni Nepomuceno, patron saint of the waters, which until the Great War was kept in Piazza Benacense.


Request information