Piazza San Rocco

The piazza bears the name of the church dedicated to San Rocco and built to honour an oath made by the community after the plague of 1512. The nave was demolished by a bomb during the First World War and now all that is visible is the apse. The explosion also damaged the western facade of the Town Hall which was rebuilt by Giancarlo Maroni. In order to commemorate the war dead, the piazza features busts of the martyrs of Riva as well as a statue of Christ.

Request information