Colonia Pavese

This building dates back to the early 20th century when it was a prestigious hotel, Grand Hotel Torbole. For a number of seasons, it received the holidaymakers of the Belle Époque and saw tourism burgeon on Lake Garda. The lights went out with the outbreak of the First World War. In 1929, the hotel was given as a preventive sanatorium to the Province of Pavia which used it as a location for holiday camps and, apart from the period of the Second World War, managed it until the mid-1970s. The building is now municipal property. Once the radical renovation work is completed, it will be used for the benefit of the community.

Request information