Ponte romano

The origins of what is known as the Roman bridge are uncertain,although it seems plausible that in the distant past it may have served to cross the river Sarca at the point where the ancient roadways from Arco and Laghel reached the hamlet of Ceniga. The inscription on the parapets record that it was rebuilt in 1719 after the river had flooded, and again in 1868 following its demolition on the orders of the Austrians in the event of a third war of independence.  

Request information